Flexibility and health security for a better concert experience
This summer, the Arena5 project is aiming to revive the concert atmosphere we all know and love, but without taking any risks with the current Covid measures and health protocols. The protocol for the project will therefore change as follows. All events will first be approved by the CERM (Covid Event Risk Model), the government and the local authorities.
FROM 22 JULY
Concerts at Arena5 will be held for a maximum capacity of 2,500 people, all seated and in bubbles of 4, 3, 2 or even 1 person.
Once seated the spectators will be able to remove their masks to enjoy the show, in accordance with the current catering protocol.
Food and drink will be available as take-away in the immediate vicinity of the concert area. When leaving your seats, keep your masks on and respect all the health measures.
- You must wear a face mask if a physical distance of 1.5 metres cannot be respected. In addition, wearing a face mask is compulsory. When seated with your bubble, you can take off your mask.
- Wash your hands regularly. There will be hand gel at the entrances and on the site.
- Stay as much as possible in your own bubble.
- Follow the indicated walking direction.
- Follow the directions of our stewards.
- Do you feel ill or do you have symptoms? Stay home and contact your GP.
FROM 13 AUGUST
From 13 August some concerts will be organised in standing capacity and will be only accessible with a COVID SAFE TICKET. On 8 August there will be a test event.
These concerts will be allowed in 'standing mode, without masks or distancing’, for a maximum capacity of 7,500 people. For these standing events, spectators will need to have a COVID SAFE TICKET and identity card in order to create a safe bubble around the event.
Other concerts will still be organised in seated configuration, without Covid Safe Ticket but according health measures as written above.
Following concerts at Arena5 DO NOT REQUIRE A COVID SAFE TICKET:
- 12 August: Bart Peeters & De Ideale Mannen
- 22 August: Clouseau
- 25 August: Hooverphonic + Suarez
- 26 August: K's Choice
- 27 August: Jasper Steverlinck + Rex Rebel
- 28 August: Trixie Whitley
- 29 August: Asaf Avidan + Valkø
Following events at Arena5 REQUIRE A COVID SAFE TICKET:
- 8 August: Tale of Us (by government authorized test event)
- 14 August: Amelie Lens
- 21 August: Charlotte De Witte
- 30 August: Caetano Veloso (seated)
- 4 September: Hernan Cattaneo
- 11 September: SCH + Frenetik + Yanso
Access to the site will then take place in several steps:
- Verification of the individual Covid Safe Ticket and identity card. You can print out the Covid Safe Ticket, but please use the CovidSafeBE application instead if possible.
- Checking the entry ticket.
- The number of entrances will be increased. However, spectators are strongly advised to get to the site earlier than usual in order to facilitate access.
Given the current health measures, it will not be possible to come in and out of the site (for seated or standing concerts): once you leave, you will not be able to re-enter.
- Arena5 does not organise COVID testing (antigen or other) on the site.
- Self-tests (antigen or otherwise) are not accepted for access to the festival, as they are not considered a valid test by the authorities for the purpose of obtaining the Covid Safe Ticket.
- If you do not have a valid Covid Safe Ticket do not come to Arena5 for the standing concerts, even if you have a valid ticket. You will not be allowed to enter the venue.
- Before and during the Covid Safe Ticket control process, and therefore before entering the health safety bubble, all sanitary measures in force at the time of the event must be respected (mask, social distancing, hand disinfection, etc.).
- Each spectator (aged 12 and over) must present a Covid Safe Ticket before being allowed access to the site.
- If the certificate can not be checked on its liability, the spectator will not be able to access the site. Only the Covid Safe Ticket or EU Digital COVID Certificate are allowed, both in digital version and on paper.
THE COVID SAFE TICKET - HOW DOES IT WORK?
At this stage, the COVID SAFE TICKET will allow entry to the site if you have one of these three options:
- Full vaccination (2 doses of Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZeneca or 1 dose of Johnson & Johnson) for more than 2 weeks
- A negative PCR test taken within the last 48 hours or a negative antigen test taken within the last 24 hours (date and time of test)
- A Covid Recovery Certificate (more than 10 and less than 180 days old - only generated in the CovidSafeBE application)
It is important to download the CovidSafeBE application before coming to Arena5 and to present your ID card at the entrance (and a sufficiently charged smartphone). If you're not a Belgian resident, but are part of the European Union, you need an official certificat approved by your government. Please check here if you have the correct certificat or how to get a valid certificat.
WHERE CAN YOU BE TESTED?
- You will have to book an appointment at one of the official testing centres. Covid-19 testing | Coronavirus Covid-19 (info-coronavirus.be).
WHEN SHOULD YOU GET TESTED?
If you have not been fully vaccinated for at least 2 weeks, we advise you to get tested as late as possible in order to avoid any problems when entering the festival (CST validity).
Please take into account the time it may take to obtain your test result and/or the number of people at the testing centres.